There’s a tendency to see mental health issues through a different lens than physical health issues. Whether it’s depression, anxiety, PTSD, or neurodevelopmental disorders like ADHD, mental health challenges are often hidden from even close friends and family members. Because of the stigma around them and the fact that they often manifest with no outwardly visible signs, they are often not addressed until a breaking point with severe and potentially dangerous consequences.
This week with Erika-Taylor-Beck, the VP of Client Support at Relias discusses her own personal journey dealing with mental illness inspired her to advocate for others and lead with authenticity and vulnerability.
• The fear and stigma around discussing mental health issues
• Why she decided to discuss this publicly
• The specific challenges in Contact Centers
• Tips for identifying vulnerable employees
• Ways to foster connection in a remote work environment